Our Health Insurance brokerage services offer the following:
Individual Health exclusively representing Blue Cross Blue Shield:
- For an individual and/or family quote click on the Blue Cross Blue Shield Icon on the right.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield beginning on January 1, 2017 up until January 1, 2022 was the only choice for an individual policy in Texas.
- Beginning 1-1-2022 UnitedHealthcare, Aetna, Friday Health Plans, Oscar Ins. Co., Community Health Choice, Ambetter from Superior Healthplans, and Molina Health offer HMO only options. These options are available at healthcare.gov through the Affordable Care Act.
- We do not represent the Affordable Care Act. Those seeking a subsidy can go to healthcare.gov.
- Although there’s no longer any medical underwriting based on your health history, and each policy is on a guaranteed issue basis with no restrictions on pre-existing conditions you must wait until open enrollment to change carriers. Open Enrollment begins each year on November 1st and ends December 15th for a January 1 effective date.
- To apply for a policy outside of the Annual Open Enrollment period you must have a Qualifying Event in place. See the following below.
Off and On Exchange Common Qualifying Events:
- Loss of Employer Coverage
- No longer a dependent
- Divorce from policyholder
- Loss of Government Sponsored Plan, including Medicaid or CHIP
- Birth or adoption or foster care of legal guardianship
- Loss of Minimum Essential Coverage
- COBRA Expiration
- Return from active military service
- Release from incarceration
- Employer’s Bankruptcy Results in Loss of Coverage for Retirees
- Unintentional Error
- Material violation by health plan
- Newly eligible/ineligible for exchange subsidies or premium tax credit or cost-sharing reductions.
Application Submission Timeline:
- Should a Qualifying Event occur an application for an individual policy must be submitted within 63 days of coverage loss. If not, then the individual will have to wait until the next Open Enrollment Period, and a penalty will be assessed.
Why Choose Short Term Medical Insurance?
- Because any amount of time without health insurance is too long
- Provides the financial protection you need from unexpected medical bills such as doctor visits & some preventative care, emergency room & ambulance coverage, & urgent care benefits & more
- Coverage terms available from 30 days to up to 3 years of coverage.
- Telemedicine services–connect with a physician anytime
- Variety of deductibles & coinsurance s designed to help find the plan that fits your budget
- Find the right doctor through the large , national Aetna Open Choice PPO Network
- Get coverage as soon as the next day
- Standard Issue plans require medical underwriting by completing a short health questionnaire. Depending on the answers to the health questions you could be denied a policy.
- ALL PLANS HAVE PRE-EXISTING CONDITION LIMITATIONS: Charges resulting directly from a pre-existing condition are excluded from coverage. Pre-existing conditions are referred to as conditions for which medical advice, diagnosis, care, or treatment (including services & supplies, consultations, diagnostic tests or prescription medicines) was recommended or received within 12 months immediately preceding the effective date, unless a lesser period is required by state regulation.
National General / Short Term Medical