Our Health Insurance brokerage services offer the following:
Group Health Insurance since 1983:
- Groups with 2+ Employee lives
- Representing United Healthcare, Humana, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna and Memorial Hermann Insurance Companies
- Benefits include: Life, & AD&D, Dental, Vision, Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Voluntary products such as AFLAC, United HealthOne, and Colonial Life offering coverage for Cancer, Critical Illness, Accidents, and additional Life insurance all at employees choice and expense are available
Section 125 Pre-tax Premium Only Plans
Why Choose Short Term Medical Insurance?
- Because any amount of time without health insurance is too long
- Provides the financial protection you need from unexpected medical bills such as doctor visits & some preventative care, emergency room & ambulance coverage, & urgent care benefits & more
- Coverage terms available from 30 days to 3 months, but 3 month policies can be purchased up to 4x without underwriting after the 3 month period expires for a year of coverage
- Telemedicine services–connect with a physician anytime
- Variety of deductibles & coinsurance s designed to help find the plan that fits your budget
- Find the right doctor through the large , national Aetna Open Choice PPO Network
- Get coverage as soon as the next day
- Standard Issue plans require a health questionnaire
- Guaranteed Issue plans offer coverage without the possibility of getting denied
- ALL PLANS HAVE PRE-EXISTING CONDITION LIMITATIONS: Charges resulting directly from a pre-existing condition are excluded from coverage. Pre-existing conditions are referred to as conditions for which medical advice, diagnosis, care, or treatment (including services & supplies, consultations, diagnostic tests or prescription medicines) was recommended or received within 12 months immediately preceding the effective date, unless a lesser period is required by state regulation.
Individual Health Insurance:
- For an individual and/or family quote click on the Blue Cross Blue Shield Icon on the right.
- Due to the Affordable Care Act individual insurance carriers such as Humana, Aetna, CIGNA, and Memorial Hermann withdrew from the individual insurance market place on January 1, 2017.
- The only carrier accepting individual applicants and families is Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS).
- Their portfolio is only offering HMO plan designs. PPO plans are a thing of the past for individuals seeking a policy.
- We do not represent the Affordable Care Act. Those seeking a subsidy can go to healthcare.gov.
- Although there’s no longer any medical underwriting based on your health history, and each policy is on a guaranteed issue basis with no restrictions on pre-existing conditions you must wait until open enrollment to change carriers. Open Enrollment begins each year on November 1st and ends December 15th for a January 1 effective date.
- To apply for a policy outside of the Annual Open Enrollment period you must have a Qualifying Event in place. See the following below.
Off and On Exchange Common Qualifying Events:
- Loss of Employer Coverage
- No longer a dependent
- Divorce from policyholder
- Loss of Government Sponsored Plan, including Medicaid or CHIP
- Birth or adoption or foster care of legal guardianship
- Loss of Minimum Essential Coverage
- COBRA Expiration
- Return from active military service
- Release from incarceration
- Employer’s Bankruptcy Results in Loss of Coverage for Retirees
- Unintentional Error
- Material violation by health plan
- Newly eligible/ineligible for exchange subsidies or premium tax credit or cost-sharing reductions.
Application Submission Timeline:
- Should a Qualifying Event occur an application for an individual policy must be submitted within 60 days of coverage loss. If not, then the individual will have to wait until the next Open Enrollment Period, and a penalty will be assessed.